Each year inmates are baptized as a result of encountering Adventist prison ministry groups. More importantly, hope is renewed and lives are transformed as they surrender to the comfort and renewal of the Holy Spirit. Prison Ministry is growing and you can be a part of it. Contact our Prison Ministry Leader for more information.
Did you know:
- In the U.S. today, more than six and a half million adults are in the correctional system: currently behind bars, on parole or on probation. Of these, 2.1 million are behind bars (jail or prison), 4 million are on probation, and 725,527 are on parole
- Since 1980, the number of adults in the correctional system has quadrupled
- The 6.5 million adults in the system today represent 3.2 percent of the adult population in the U.S.
- More than 10 million American children have experienced the incarceration of one or both parents
- Approximately 1.5 million children have a parent in prison
- Each year, some 60,000 women are convicted of felony drug offenses
- The war on drugs has sent greater numbers of women, customarily the primary caretakers of children, to prison.
(Statistical information obtained from the United Prison Ministries International website.)